Structural Engineer – Transportation Design
Mid & Senior Level
Any of Our Wisconsin Office Locations: Madison, Green Bay, Menomonie, or Germantown
KL Engineering is seeking experienced structural engineers that can work out of our Madison, Green Bay, Menomonie, or Germantown offices. Remote working accommodations may be considered. We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our structural team and the opportunity would be a good fit for those seeking either a technical focus or a track toward project management. This position offers the flexibly to work on a variety of structural projects from local trail boardwalks to interstate bridges. The qualified candidate(s) will work with engineers on challenging transportation related structural projects and should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with the experience and professional certification or licensure noted below.
- 5-10 years of experience, with PE license or ability to do so within one year
- 10+ years of experience, with PE license required
KL Engineering, Inc., is an award-winning Wisconsin based consulting engineering firm. We provide our clients with a full range of services that include transportation engineering, planning and design; structural engineering, traffic engineering, site design, parks/trails/recreation design, municipal and utility design, environmental studies; surveying/GIS; construction management; and more. We are committed to offering [A] Better Experience to both our coworkers and clients through innovation and collaboration to create transportation engineering infrastructure solutions that benefit the public. With unwavering customer service, before we build bridges, we build relationships.
The successful candidate will seek to be part of a team of professionals who are invested and excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of infrastructure projects and initiatives that improve mobility, accessibility, sustainability, and safety. At KL Engineering, we work on diverse and challenging projects within a team of talented and experienced engineers in an inclusive, collaborative, and flexible work environment. Our focus is to provide employees meaningful work and involvement enabling them to learn, grow, and thrive personally and professionally. Our shared values of integrity, dependability, excellence, work-life balance, diversity, and commitment to our clients and each other is the foundation of our continued success.
- Prepare structural designs, plans, specifications, and cost estimates for state and municipal clients
- Develop bridge rehabilitation and replacement concepts and prepare alternatives evaluations
- Use engineering and design software
- Coordinate with a multi-discipline design team
- Actively participate in quality control of projects
- Mentoring and assisting younger staff
- Learning and keeping abreast of design standards and procedures
- Independently managing assigned work activities and coordinating project team responsibilities
- Be active in marketing and business development activities, and assembling proposals and contracts
- Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering (structural emphasis preferred).
- Previous experience on transportation structural projects (WisDOT experience a plus) including reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, steel and wood.
- Experience with structural design, analysis, and CAD drafting software.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and colleagues, both verbally and in writing or virtually.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills with high level of attention to detail and self-motivated to be successful.
- Ability to identify and establish work priorities while balancing multiple projects.
- A Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager candidate would possess the ability to lead teams, manage projects and mentor others.
In addition to career growth potential, we offer an excellent salary and full benefits within a teamwork oriented and casual working environment.
Current benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Core Hours Schedule
- Hybrid Work Schedule Options
- Professional Development & Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate Casual Dress
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plans
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Find out what [A] Better Experience is all about!
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Women, veterans, people with disabilities & minorities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws or regulations.
KL Engineering, Inc. | 5400 King James Way #200 | Madison, WI 53719
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 608.663.1218 | Toll Free: 800.810.4012