IT Systems Administrator
Office Location: Madison, Wisconsin
KL Engineering is seeking an IT Systems Administrator in our Madison office. KL Engineering, Inc., is an award-winning Wisconsin based consulting engineering firm with offices in Madison, Germantown, Menomonie, and Green Bay. We provide our clients with a full range of services that include transportation engineering, planning and design; structural engineering, traffic engineering, site design, parks/trails/recreation design, municipal and utility design, environmental studies; surveying/GIS; construction management; and more. We are committed to offering [A] Better Experience to both our coworkers and clients through innovation and collaboration to create transportation engineering infrastructure solutions that benefit the public. With unwavering customer service, before we build transportation related infrastructure, we build relationships.
The successful candidate will seek to be part of a team of professionals who are invested and excited about the opportunity to provide efficient and consistent IT infrastructure, solutions, and support for our team of engineers, technicians, and operations staff as they work on a variety of infrastructure projects and initiatives that improve mobility, accessibility, sustainability, and safety. At KL Engineering, we work on diverse and challenging projects within a team of talented and experienced employees in an inclusive, collaborative, and flexible work environment. Our focus is to provide employees meaningful work and involvement enabling them to learn, grow, and thrive personally and professionally. Our shared values of integrity, dependability, excellence, work-life balance, diversity, and commitment to our clients and each other is the foundation of our continued success.
Under the direction of the Sr. IT Manager, the IT Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in overall IT administration for all areas of the company. Provide support for the development, testing, implementation, and management of KL Engineering’s complete IT infrastructure. Responsible for monitoring and management of all network and endpoint hardware, software, services, backups, and security. Troubleshoot network and end user problems and implement solutions that prevent downtime. Assist in defining and implementing a long-term IT infrastructure plan that is best suited for the company.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot endpoint computer hardware and software.
- Assist with managing and troubleshooting network hardware, software, services, and security.
- Administer Windows servers and virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor firewalls, VPN, and WAN connections to eliminate downtime and security threats.
- Manage onsite and cloud backup/DR solutions and perform restores if needed.
- Administer Active Directory on premise and in Azure.
- Manage and maintain cloud-based technologies including Microsoft 365, Azure, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Document and manage software licensing, renewals, and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and solve end-user hardware and software problems in person and remotely.
- Document hardware assets to help plan and budget for upgrades and replacements.
- Manage VOIP phone system.
- Communicate and work with external IT vendors.
- Document IT procedures and best practices.
- Research new technologies and solutions to help with efficiency, costs, and security.
- Work with management to help develop project plans and strategies.
- Minimum of an associate degree in computer science, networking, or security.
- 3+ years of IT systems and technology work experience.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Hyper-V virtual environments.
- Experience with both server based and cloud-based network environments.
- Good data and technology interpretation and technical writing skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills, with high level of attention to detail and self-motivated to be successful.
- Ability to identify and establish work priorities while balancing multiple projects.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability work in a collaborative team environment, communicate (virtually and in-person) with clients and colleagues one-on-one and in group settings, both verbally and in writing.
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
In addition to career growth potential, we offer an excellent salary and full benefits with a casual working environment.
Current benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Core Hours Schedule
- Corporate Casual Dress
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plans
- Professional Development Reimbursement
Please submit resume and cover letter to by Friday, April 29, 2022 to: email@example.com
Find out what [A] Better Experience is all about!
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Women, veterans, people with disabilities & minorities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws or regulations.
KL Engineering, Inc. | 5400 King James Way #200 | Madison, WI 53719
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 608.663.1218 | Toll Free: 800.810.4012