Civil Engineering Technician – Transportation Construction
Entry, Mid & Senior Level
Office Location: Germantown, Wisconsin
Due to new opportunities as we continue to grow our business and our team, we are looking for a full-time Civil Engineering Technician in our Germantown office. The qualified candidate will work out of our Germantown office with engineers on challenging transportation and recreational construction projects and assist with design projects as needed. Qualified candidates should possess an associate degree in civil engineering technology, construction management, or field related to transportation construction. Ideal candidate would have work experience in the construction and design of transportation infrastructure but will consider new graduates as an entry level candidate.
KL Engineering is an award-winning Wisconsin based consulting engineering firm, located in Madison, Wisconsin with offices in Menomonie, Green Bay, and Germantown. We provide our clients with a full range of services that include transportation engineering, planning and design, structural engineering, traffic engineering, electrical design, site design, parks/trails/recreation design, municipal and utility design, environmental studies, surveying/GIS, construction management, and more. We are committed to offering [A] Better Experience to our employees and clients through innovation and collaboration to create transportation engineering infrastructure solutions that benefit the public. Before we build roads, we build relationships with an unwavering customer service ethic.
At KL Engineering, we work on diverse and challenging transportation related projects within a team of talented and experienced engineers in an inclusive, collaborative, and flexible work environment. Our focus is to provide employees meaningful work and involvement enabling them to learn, grow, and thrive personally and professionally. Our shared values of integrity, dependability, excellence, work-life balance, diversity, and commitment to our clients and each other is the foundation of our continued success.
We are looking for an individual with education or experience in the construction and design of transportation infrastructure. Duties would include construction site observation, evaluation, and documentation, conducting materials testing, construction project administration and assisting with field survey operations. The ability to prepare drawings, plans, and specifications using CAD techniques is desired.
- Reads and interprets construction plans and specifications.
- Conducts on-site construction observation activities, serving as on-site project representative.
- Perform inspection and materials testing, measures and records quantities.
- Maintains material records and construction documents for legal recordkeeping.
- Ensures project is constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications, monitoring contractor schedules.
- Maintains construction documents for legal recordkeeping.
- Research and resolve problems in the field.
- Assists with field survey activities.
- Assists with design projects in winter months using CAD techniques.
- Successful candidates will have an associate degree in civil engineering technology, construction management, highway technician education and/or certification, or transportation construction experience.
- Knowledge of general construction procedures, equipment, materials, and standard specifications for road construction in WI and their application.
- Experience with or aptitude to learn survey terminology, process, and equipment.
- Experience with transportation design/drafting software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or MicroStation.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (virtually and in-person) with clients and colleagues, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills, with high level of attention to detail and self-motivated to be successful.
- Ability to identify and establish work priorities while balancing multiple projects.
- Ability to travel to site locations and comfortable with working outdoors in varying conditions.
- Previous experience on transportation projects (WisDOT experience a plus).
In addition to career growth potential, we offer an excellent salary and full benefits with a casual working environment.
Current benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Core Hours Schedule
- Corporate Casual Dress
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plans
- Professional Development Reimbursement
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out what [A] Better Experience is all about!
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Women, veterans, people with disabilities & minorities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws or regulations.
KL Engineering, Inc. | 5400 King James Way #200 | Madison, WI 53719
email@example.com | Phone: 608.663.1218 | Toll Free: 800.810.4012