Civil Engineer – Transportation Design
Entry, Mid & Senior Level
Any KL Office Location: Madison, Green Bay, Menomonie or Germantown, WI
Due to new opportunities as we continue to grow our business and our team, we are looking for qualified Civil Engineers with interest or experience in transportation design. We are accepting resumes for both entry level and experienced engineers. The qualified candidate will work with engineers on challenging transportation projects and should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with the experience and professional certification or licensure noted below.
- Staff Engineer: 0-3 years of experience, with FE/EIT certification or ability to do so within one year.
- Project Engineer: 3-10 years of experience, with PE license or ability to do so within one year.
- Senior Project Engineer/Manager: 10+ years of experience with PE license (required).
KL Engineering is an award-winning Wisconsin based consulting engineering firm, located in Madison, Wisconsin with offices in Menomonie, Green Bay, and Germantown. We provide our clients with a full range of services that include transportation engineering, planning and design, structural engineering, traffic engineering, electrical design, site design, parks/trails/recreation design, municipal and utility design, environmental studies, surveying/GIS, construction management, and more. We are committed to offering [A] Better Experience to our employees and clients through innovation and collaboration to create transportation engineering infrastructure solutions that benefit the public. Before we build roads, we build relationships with an unwavering customer service ethic.
The successful candidate will seek to be part of a team of professionals who are invested and excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of infrastructure projects and initiatives that improve mobility, accessibility, and safety. At KL Engineering, we work on diverse and challenging transportation related projects within a team of talented and experienced engineers in an inclusive, collaborative, and flexible work environment. Our focus is to provide employees meaningful work and involvement enabling them to learn, grow, and thrive personally and professionally. Our shared values of integrity, dependability, excellence, work-life balance, diversity, and commitment to our clients and each other is the foundation of our continued success.
- Using engineering and design software and equipment including AutoCAD and Civil 3D:
- Prepare engineering and design documents that include project plans and specifications for roadway, drainage, and geometric design.
- Prepare engineering computations and quantity estimates.
- Prepare or modify reports, presentations, construction schedules, environmental studies, applications, and permits.
- Assist in monitoring project schedules and activities.
- Perform municipal engineering and construction management tasks.
- Research and problem solve design or construction related concerns found in the field.
- Work with clients and professional counterparts to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget, while meeting and/or exceeding client expectations.
- Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field.
- Experience with transportation design/drafting software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or MicroStation.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (virtually and in-person) with clients and colleagues, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills, with high level of attention to detail and self-motivated to be successful.
- Ability to learn and stay current with the latest design standards and procedures.
- Ability to identify and establish work priorities while balancing multiple projects.
- Previous experience on transportation projects (WisDOT experience a plus).
- A Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager candidate would possess the ability to lead teams, manage projects, and mentor others.
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
In addition to career growth potential, we offer an excellent salary and full benefits with a casual working environment.
Current benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Core Hours Schedule
- Hybrid Work Schedule Options
- Professional Development & Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate Casual Dress
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plans
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Find out what [A] Better Experience is all about!
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Women, veterans, people with disabilities & minorities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws or regulations.
KL Engineering, Inc. | 5400 King James Way #200 | Madison, WI 53719
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 608.663.1218 | Toll Free: 800.810.4012