Civil Engineer or Landscape Architect – Parks, Trails & Recreation (PTR)
Wisconsin Office Location: Germantown, Madison, Green Bay, or Menomonie
KL Engineering is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer or Landscape Architect – Parks, Trails & Recreation (PTR). Candidates who are interested in working out of our Germantown, Madison, Green Bay, and Menomonie offices or within a remote working accommodation may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will seek to be part of a team of professionals who are invested and excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of infrastructure projects and initiatives that improve mobility, accessibility, sustainability, and safety. At KL Engineering, we work on diverse and challenging projects within a team of talented and experienced engineers in an inclusive, collaborative, and flexible work environment. Our focus is to provide employees meaningful work and involvement enabling them to learn, grow, and thrive personally and professionally. Our shared values of integrity, dependability, excellence, work-life balance, diversity, and commitment to our clients and each other is the foundation of our continued success.
We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our PTR team and this opportunity would be a great fit for those seeking either a technical focus or a track toward project management. The position offers the flexibly to work on a variety of PTR projects – specializing in trails, but also including parks, recreation, water access and other open-space public projects. Our work includes comprehensive planning, funding, design and construction oversight – providing the unique opportunity to work with entire project lifecycles as we build strong relationships with our clients. These projects come from all corners of the state and will include prominent trail systems like the Ice Age Trail, Route of the Badger, Oak Leaf, Glacial Drumlin, Elroy-Sparta, and many others for signature communities across Wisconsin.
Our projects continue to grow, and we seek an experienced and engaged engineer or landscape architect to work within our talented team as we continue to blaze more trails and work with clients to provide access to our natural environments.
- Coordinate/perform Civil 3D work for design modeling and plan production.
- Prepare project plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Prepare project reports.
Expanded, based on experience:
- Assess environmental impacts and assists with the preparation of environmental reports, agency coordination, and permitting.
- Assist as a client liaison for the project.
- Assist with the coordination of sub-consultant activities.
- Assist in preparing grant and funding applications.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive plans.
- Coordinate with a multidiscipline design team.
- More experienced candidates would have the opportunity to lead teams, manage projects, and mentor others.
- Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, landscape architecture, or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in transportation design, with added preference for those with trail experience. Strong proficiency with design/drafting AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (virtually and in-person) with client and colleagues, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills, with high level of attention to detail and self-motivated to be successful.
- Ability to identify and establish work priorities while balancing multiple projects.
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
- Previous experience on PTR projects, locally-let municipal design procedures, WisDOT bike/ped standards, and WisDOT FDM policies and procedure knowledge.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Landscape Architect (PLA) in Wisconsin (licensure in surrounding areas a plus).
- Supplemental design experience in related fields such as stormwater, or structure design is beneficial.
- Experience with construction oversight activities.
In addition to career growth potential, we offer an excellent salary and full benefits within a teamwork oriented and casual working environment.
Current benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Core Hours Schedule
- Corporate Casual Dress
- Life Insurance
- Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings & Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plans
- Professional Development Reimbursement
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out what [A] Better Experience is all about!
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Women, veterans, people with disabilities & minorities are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/military status, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws or regulations.
KL Engineering, Inc. | 5400 King James Way #200 | Madison, WI 53719
email@example.com | Phone: 608.663.1218 | Toll Free: 800.810.4012